- Students and graduates who meet the criteria below are invited to register for the Recognition Ceremony for students with accomplishments in external endeavours:
- Current full-time undergraduate/ postgraduate students or full-time graduates of 2019 who received awards in external competitions and/ or other activities from January to December 2019; and
- Students of HKU SPACE and HKU SPACE Community College are excluded.
- Types of Awards Eligible for Participation
Category 1: External Competitions
- Awards are granted by reputable and renowned organisations in the region and of significance, i.e. winning top three awards e.g. Gold, Silver and Bronze Award or equivalent.
- Awards are given on the basis of participation. Merit of an individual/ public examinations/ academic scholarships/ participation in extra-curricular activities are NOT eligible.
- For intervarsity contests, at least three local tertiary institutions should be involved.
- Prizes or awards in sports, business, engineering, architecture, music, science, speech and debating, IT and computing, leadership, literature, research, law and medicine, etc.
Category 2: Other External Awards and Learning Experience
- Awards and learning activities are on the basis of participation or self-initiation and undertaken outside the University.
- Students have been involved in a significant way and/or for a significant period, enhancing their non-academic learning and/or acquisition of skills and competencies in areas that are not directly part of their study programme, namely in one of the 9 sub-categories below:
- Global citizenship and cultural awareness
- Overseas/ mainland non-academic exchange/ experiences/ activities
- Engagement in seminars/ conferences/ forums beyond degree requirements
- Leadership development and self-initiated work
- Cultivation of personal/ professional/ career competencies and skills
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Appreciation of the arts
- Sports, health and wellness
- Community engagement
- Merits of academic scholarships/ public examinations are NOT eligible.
- “Above & Beyond” Awards will be presented (up to 10 awardees) under Category 2 in recognising and rewarding students who go for extra miles in their out-of-classroom learning.
Category 3: Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards of CEDARS Reward Scheme
- This category is not open for registration. Eligible students who have supported CEDARS programmes or activities from January to December 2019 will be directly invited by CEDARS to attend the Ceremony.