Roles and Responsibilities of Camp Tutor
- You will work with other HKU students in small teams to plan, prepare and lead at least one of the below camp activities:
- Warm-up and ice-breaking activities;
- Team building activity;
- Campus tour, and
- Workshops on S.T.E.A.M. themes
- You will lead and accompany the junior secondary school students to enjoy the camp on two Saturdays in HKU.
- You will serve as role models and provide positive influences and aspirations for the teenagers.
Full-time HKU students who:
- Can design, lead and organise interesting learning activities in English to engage teenagers;
- Are capable of teamwork and can spend time to meet and discuss with team members on preparation and organisation of camp activities;
- Responsible, committed and can complete all the activities listed under the below Programme Schedule; and
- Can contribute time, knowledge and skills to empower local teenagers
Camp Tutors are expected to complete the activities as shown below.
(Format and dates of the activities are subject to changes in response to pandemic and social situations, weather conditions and any other unexpected factors.)
|Part A||Briefing Session||
Either one session
Date: 7 Feb or 8 Feb, 2023 (Tue or Wed)
|Part E||Feedback on Learning||Submit before 9 Apr, 2023 (Mon)|
|Part B||Training Workshops||
All are compulsory
Workshop 1: Team Building and Skills on Leading Activities
Date: 11 Feb, 2023 (Sat)
Workshop 2: Using English to Lead and Facilitate Interactive Activities
Workshop 3: Drill on S.T.E.M Workshop
Date: 11 Mar, 2023 (Sat)
|Part C||Team Work on Preparation and Rehearsal of Camp Activity
(include meetings and discussion with team members, writing up team proposal, preparation and rehearsal for the responsible camp activity)
|Feb to Mar 2023, which include but not limited to:
|Part D||Language Enrichment Camp for Junior Secondary School Students||Date: 18 and 25 Mar, 2023 (Sat)
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply
Please apply at: Application for Camp Tutor on or before 29 Jan, 2023 (Sun). Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview on 1 Feb or 2 Feb, 2023 (Wed or Thu). All selected Camp Tutors MUST attend:
- Briefing Session: 7 Feb or 8 Feb, 2023 (Tue or Wed), 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Training workshops and Rehearsal: 11 Feb (Sat) 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., 18 Feb (Sat) 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and 11 Mar, 2023 (Sat) 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Camp Tutors with satisfactory performance and attendance will receive the following rewards:
- An honorarium of HK$1,000 with 100% attendance of all activities;
- A certificate of participation with 80% attendance of all activities; and
- CEDARS reward points.