English For “U” is a CEDARS’ co-curricular programme which aims to enhance HKU students’ language competencies by integrating language learning into daily life.
In this programme, HKU students will undergo a series of training and receive support, guidance and supervision in the organisation of two English enrichment camps (the first one in 2022-23 and the second one in 2023-24) for junior secondary school students. The programme promotes community enrichment through language use and application of both HKU students and camp participants.
For each Camp,
- 40 HKU students will be recruited to take up the following roles and positions.
- Camp Tutors: to lead the camp with a variety of learning activities in English for the kids to enjoy.
- Tutorial Instructors: to demonstrate and provide a taste on the wide range of university student activities to the kids.
- Student Hosts: to work with CEDARS on various aspects related to the successful organisation of the camp, such as graphic design, photography, event support, publicity, etc.
- 60 junior secondary students and their teachers from local Chinese Medium-of-Instruction (CMI) schools.
Centre of Development and Resources for Students – Campus Life
Address: 3/F, Meng Wah Complex, The University of Hong Kong
Tel: 3917 2305
Fax: 2857 1089
Office Hours: Monday to Thursday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm / 2:00 pm – 5:45 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm / 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm