(Please bookmark this page and check back for updates at regular intervals)
The Village is the fourth cluster of residential complexes in the University named after The Hong Kong Jockey Club in recognition of a donation from the Club’s Charities Trust.
The project has been selected as one of the two pilot projects for adopting Modular Integrated Construction (MiC) in Hong Kong. The Village comprises 4 student residences, distributed in two 17-floor towers, to provide a total of 1,238 hostel places:
College 1: 312 places
College 2: 312 places
College 3: Karson Choi College, 312 places
College 4: D. H. Chen College, 302 places
The Village is one of the student residences administered by the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS).
- Apartment-style unit featuring all single rooms
- 10 single rooms in each apartment unit with shared bathroom and showers
- 2 apartment units on each floor, with open common lounge areas and pantry at the intersection of the two apartments on each floor
- Live-in Masters, Senior Resident Tutors, Resident Tutors, and Junior Resident Tutors for student support
- 24-hour security service
- Digital Housing System – apps for Electronic Door Lock, Room Booking, and Laundry Service
Students’ residential experience in this Village will be complemented by an increased offering of shared amenities including multi-function hall, flexible co-working spaces, student activities rooms, quiet study lounges, games room, prayer’s room, fitness and exercise room, laundry room, outdoor landscape areas, and a meditation room. Designed and built to create a vibrant living and learning environment, these amenities have been completed and opened to residents in stages.