Cultural Kaleidoscope: We are the same, We are different 🙌🏼 Intertwined into endless variety of colors
Do you want to learn about different cultures and friends from around the world? Do you want to be part of a meaningful cultural experience and win a ticket to Hong Kong Disneyland Park at the same time?
If so, the Cultural Kaleidoscope, a Global Friends Programme (GFP), is here for you. Come meet our GFP Ambassadors, take part in a project to find out more about Hong Kong and to learn to appreciate different cultures!
HKU is a very international campus. The project is part of the effort to foster integration and to enrich cross-cultural experiences on campus. It aims at bringing together local and non-local students through an out-of-classroom learning experience, and allows:
- local and non-local students to better understand a particular aspect of Hong Kong
- exchange of ideas of people of different cultural background on a selected topic
- appreciate the similarities and differences in cultures
- sharing of your experience and project outcomes with the University community
The Learning Journey
- Cultural Kaleidoscope participants will be grouped into teams of 6 students with each comprising of students from different cultural background.
- With the two GFP Ambassadors as coordinators, each team is to plan and take part in an activity related to a theme chosen to be consistent with the project objectives. It can be on food, clothing, customs, festivals, music, family, love and marriage and many others. Each participant will receive travel allowance for a field trip with your group members to gain firsthand knowledge of the selected topics.
- Students can also choose to form a team of 6 by themselves. Students should register online like others. A representative of the team should inform CEDARS by email to email@example.com with full names of the 6 concerned students who have formed their own group. The team should comprise at least one student from local, one PRC student, and one non-local student other than those from PRC. Participants can be from any year of studies and faculties.
All HKU full-time first year students, undergraduates or postgraduates, full-degree or exchange students are welcome.
The Deliverables and the Winners
- The duration of the project will be about a month from 12 October to 15 November 2021.
- The key deliverable will be a presentation in the form of a video of 3 to 5 minutes, or other creative platforms, plus some photos and a short-written reflection from members.
- All students will be asked to vote on the projects that they like the most on CEDARS YouTube channel.
- The selected deliverables will be showcased on CEDARS social media and as posters.
- The members of the TWO projects with the most likes will each win a ticket to Hong Kong Disneyland Park!
- All other project participants will receive a gift certificate as a token of appreciation of their participation.
The Orientation Gathering
All selected GFP Cultural Kaleidoscope participants are expected to join an orientation gathering with the following details:
Date: 11 October 2021 (Monday)
Time: 2:30pm – 4:30pm
How to Apply?
Deadline of registration: 28 September 2021
Please register with your CV.
- Non-local students other than those from PRC: http://wp.cedars.hku.hk/form/GFPO
- Students from PRC: http://wp.cedars.hku.hk/form/GFPM
- Local students: http://wp.cedars.hku.hk/form/GFPL
|28 Sept 2021||Deadline of registration|
|11 Oct 2021 @ 2:30pm-4:30pm||Orientation Gathering with fun activities|
|12 Oct – 15 Nov 2021||Duration of project|
|22 – 26 Nov 2021||Voting of project results/sharing|
|Early Dec 2021||Announcement of result|
|Dec 2021||Presentation of prize|