See you “Zoom”! Share your love with children by conducting a Zoom activity!
Online teaching has been in place across schools and face-to-face classes are suspended until further notice. Apart from learning online, what about creating something FUN using Zoom for children?
- To broaden children’s horizon by providing interesting online activities to primary students through interactive means during the epidemic period
- HKU students
- Primary 3 – 6 students (around 6-10 students for one activity)
Activity Duration: 45 minutes to 1 hour for one activity
Activity Day: Any date between 13 April and 30 April, 2020 (exact date to be confirmed)
Subsidy on Activity Materials: $1,000 max for each activity
- To be conducted in Cantonese/ Mandarin (for Mandarin-speaking children) using Zoom as the medium
- Interactive, fun and engaging – allowing children’s real-time response and participation (e.g. using whiteboard, polling functions in Zoom)
- It can be a one-off activity or a series of activities (not more than 3 activities for 1 series).
- Relate to any of the themes* below:
- Art (e.g. DIY, handicraft-making)
- Global Citizenship (e.g around the world in 45 minutes, sharing of foreign cultures)
- STEAM (i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics)
- Science (g. how to make a toy car using recycled bottle)
- Health & Mental Wellness (e.g. easy workout for kids)
*Materials pack to be delivered to the children’s homes before the activity may be arranged if necessary. To know more, please email to email@example.com.
How to Apply:
- Apply online as an individual or as a team of 2-4 persons.
- Attach your brief proposal (not more than one A4 page) to the online application form. The proposal should include:
- proposed activity date & time,
- activity objective,
- brief introduction of the activity content (e.g. draft of powerpoint slides, video),
- list of materials (if needed) and
- budget plan.
- Successful applicants will receive an email confirmation within 7 working days upon application. They need to join at least 2 virtual preparation meetings with CEDARS and submit a time-lapse video (optional) and at least 10 photos which record the activity preparation and execution.
Application Deadline: 15 April 2020
Student volunteers who contribute 20 hours or more would receive a certificate and are eligible to apply for the Credit Award Scheme for Out-of-classroom Learning Experiences.
***Student volunteers will also be invited to participate in the online Sharing Forum on 5 May 2020 (Tue) to share the good work and experience of volunteering from home with others in the HKU community***
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact Student Development Team of CEDARS at firstname.lastname@example.org or join our online Briefing Session below:
Date: 3 April 2020 (Fri)