The Chat-on-Site Programme comprises regular chit-chatting activities amongst local and non-local students. The objectives of the Programme are:
- To encourage students to take a lead to promote dialogue amongst students from diverse background in a casual daily setting.
- To impart the importance of open-mindedness and mutual respect in a pluralistic social environment.
Role of Co-Creator
- Each co-creator can choose a topic and design his/her chit-chatting or getaway activity. The activity has to be related to the daily living of local Hong Kong citizens. It can be as simple as touring a thematic street, visiting a local HK cafe etc. Creative endeavours of other co-creators can be viewed here.
- The co-creator is expected to plan and lead the activity as well. Each co-creator will be asked to submit a reflection report upon completion of the activity.
Role of CEDARS
CEDARS will help each co-creator to publicise the activity and recruit activity participants. Subsidy will be provided.
- Each activity has to be related to the daily living of Hong Kong local citizens (excluding cultural and performing arts).
- Each activity must be conducted in English.
- Each activity will last for approximately 2 hours.
- Each activity will cater to 8 to 12 participants. Must consist of both local and non-local student participants.
- Each activity must meet the following objectives :
- enable participants to gain new perspective and open-mindedness by coming into contact with the dynamic local environment and social setting;
- allow participants to engage in discussion and gain a better understanding about varieties in the local community;
- facilitate cultural exchange and integration of local and non-local students; and
- provide a platform for participants to build up social network.
Application is open throughout the academic year. Round II main exercise will be open for application from 20 Jan to 7 Feb. Applicants will be invited to attend an idea jamming session and a networking cum briefing session on 12 Feb evening.
Enquiries can be directed to Student Development Team of CEDARS at email@example.com.